Monday, October 29, 2007

Our Big Day!

Well, I know I have shared on here many times about how we are helping to start a new church. We finally launched our first official church service this past Sunday. I had to get there at 6:30am along with all the other children's ministry workers in order to make sure we were set up and ready to go. The past three Sundays have been spent "practicing" setting up, teaching, and tearing down (since we are meeting in a high school). We had 117 children total between the two services, which is absolutely fabulous. We were pleased and yet not overwhelmed. God is good! We had about 380 adults and children come to the two services. It feels as if this day was a long awaited wedding day that I have been planning and planning and planning some more. I am so excited to have been a part of something so amazing! It has been awesome to watch the way God has brought us all together and pulled together this amazing church. I know there will be bumps in the road, and it isn't going to always be easy, but I do know, I am blessed to be a part of this. If someone had told me this is what I would be doing now a year ago, I would have laughed at them. I meant to take my camera, but of course, thinking of all the other things I had to do, I totally forgot it! www.reallife.cc

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Congratulations Jess! That is wonderful that everything went so well. I bet you are so relieved! I'll visit the site to read about it.
You look darling in your Halloween pic. DS looks awesome!