Thursday, October 18, 2007

Caleb and Mommy Date



Every once in awhile, I will take Caleb on a "date". Daddy does "hang-outs". We started this after we had Abby and we could tell how much he thrived on having our individual attention. Sometimes, I take him on my errands, stop and get ice cream, and call it a "date". Yesterday, though, we went on an actual date. He has been wanting to go to As You Wish to paint something of his very own (he got this idea after I went with some girlfriends a few months back). When we got there, he saw all the neat pieces that he could paint, and of all the cars, trucks, and balls, he chose to do a cactus. He is fascinated with cactus. I painted a picture frame with his handprint and he painted a cactus. We then got some ice cream, and I just had to take a picture of it...because it is bright green and blue...with gummy bears. One day, he will learn that brownie and caramel are the way to go...but at least I wasn't tempted in the slightest bit to eat some of his ice cream. We laughed, we talked, and we bonded...I love those moments. Yesterday was a moment in time I hope I carry in my heart forever.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

How sweet. What a wonderful idea. Love it. I think Evy could use some one on one time right now. I remember going on "dates" with my dad and it was so special. Good for you!