Sunday, September 30, 2007

San Francisco!






So, as many of you already know, Dae-Sung and I got away for our second honeymoon! Well, not officially, but it was the FIRST time we have taken a vacation without the kiddos since Caleb was born. We had a FABULOUS time! DS had to fly up for work on Sunday, and I flew in Monday night. The first night I got into town, we went out to this quaint Italian restaurant, and spent over two hours eating and talking. Now, one without kids might ask why this is such a big deal. But, those of you out there with little kids totally get my excitement over a dinner with no spilled juice, no food dropped on the floor, no whining, no crying, etc. etc. The next morning we hit the town early and went exploring. We decided to go on a cruise around the bay, which was absolutely fabulous. DS had class in the afternoon, so I took it easy, worked out at the hotel, and just relaxed. It was during this time that I asked myself what I possibly did before I had kids! That night we went out to a crab house and enjoyed another lengthy dinner...and laughed at the couple next to us trying to contain their children. We also treated ourselves to a WONDERFUL dessert at Ghiradelli that night. The next day, DS went to class in the morning, so we bolted out of town to Sonoma in the afternoon. Everyone kept telling us to check out this one winery...Ferrari Carano. This was worth the drive! This literally took me back to Italy, with rolling hills covered in green grape vinyards and tall cypress trees. The winery itself was the most beautiful place I think I have ever been! Even if you don't drink wine, this is a place to see! The grass was so green and the flowers so colorful, that it just made you want to sit and soak it up all day long! It truly was a little piece of heaven on earth. Then, we headed into a little town and ate a once again, wonderful, non-interrupted dinner...and dessert...and then drove back into the city.

The next day I had to get up to head home again, but I was chomping at the bit to see my kids! I missed them so much...and although the "couple" life was absolutely fabulous for three days, I cannot imagine my life without them. They are my sunshine in my dark days. I missed their smiles and their laughs. I missed giving them hugs and kisses, especially in the morning and at night. To make matters worse, Abby was really sick while we were gone...so I especially couldn't wait to hold her in my arms and kiss on her. I thank God for my wonderful parents who were so kind as to take in my children and love on them the same way I would. I knew that they would be well taken care of, and it allowed me to relax and have a good time. Thank you mom and dad for giving this wonderful gift to me. You have no idea what it means to me!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole H said...

Wow time away? I have totally forgotten what that would be like!!! I so need it too :( I really am so happy that you had the time to spend together. I know how much it can help. Thanks for always being you and for your wonderful friendship.