Monday, August 27, 2007

Too obsessed...

It has been almost two weeks since I posted, and you want to know why? I am completely and totally obsessed with a show...Friday Night Lights. It isn't on right now...so I have been watching the first season on nbc.com. I am telling you, it is the BEST show I have seen in a LONG time. I can't get enough...after each episode that I watch, I have to control my hand from clicking on the NEXT episode.

Let me explain how this obsessiveness has always played out in my life...I have always had somewhat of an "obsessive" behavior pattern. Whatever I decide to do, I usually do it 110% and become absolutely obsessed with it. If I decide to start exercising, I am not okay with 3 times a week...oh no...for me it has to be everyday, or it doesn't count (I know that is not true logically). If I am eating healthy and on a "health-kick", then I go all out...no cheating whatsoever, and it becomes my obsession. Because this has always been my personality, I have always had to control myself when it comes to television shows or books. I can drown myself in a book (like Harry Potter--which was FABULOUS if you haven't read the last one) or a show, or even a movie because I absolutely love being taken to this other world. I love learning about people, places, and how they all interact. It fascinates me. I don't know if this is a good thing, or a bad thing, but I am in the midst of an absolute obsession right now, called, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS. Dae-Sung and I caught a couple of re-runs right at the end of the season, and it trapped us. We both wondered why we couldn't get into it at first (we tried at the beginning of the season). So, now, every possible split second I get...I run to the computer, go to nbc.com and I watch my next episode...pretty pathetic.

But, you know I have to connect this to real life somehow...and I started thinking about if I can get that obsessed with fictional characters that don't even exist, how much more does God obsess over us who really do exist? Not in a bad way, but a good way. He is watching my show everyday day in and day out, and he is watching your show too. He knows everything that goes on. The difference is that we can go to Him in prayer and ask for help in our lives, to praise Him for the blessings, and have Him guide us everyday. These poor people in this fictional show don't have that chance...but bringing me back to reality, I DO!! I have the chance to let God in and let him be obsessed with me! How awesome is that? He loves me so much, that out of every person on this planet, he still pays attention to me. That amazes me. Who am I that He could love me so much? But, He does...and He loves you too. Let Him in...and let Him be obsessed with you...

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yeah, you'll never get rid of the obsessive thing... it goes with your profession... it's in your blood... sorry!

Evelyn said...

Great thought, Jess. I've never heard of Friday Night Lights... is must be really good- you'll have to email me! I love your connections- they always brighten my day. Love ya!