Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Battle of the buldge...

Meaning my buldge...right in the middle of my body. I am finding it increasingly difficult to maintain my womanly figure. I have had the excuse for the last year that I just had a baby...but that baby is now a year old...no more excuses of the baby. After two children in 3 years, let's just say my flat stomach is still there...it is just hidden under layers of battle wounds (aka fat).

I have gone up and down within a 10 lb range since about December, and right now I am more towards the upper end. I think I am really frustrated because the weather lately has been so hot that it is hard to even think about swimming, much less doing anything else. There still are not any gyms near us, or at least within 10 miles of us. There are about 3 that are "suppose" to open soon...but who knows how long that will be.

So...because of the lack of gym nearby, I decided yesterday to do pilates at home. It made me realize that my 30th birthday really is soon...too soon! I can honestly say that what use to come easy to me just a year or two ago, was so hard. It hurt to lift my legs and contort my body in the ways that the 110 pound girls on the television were doing. They made it look so effortless, while I, kept looking around my family room making sure there were no other eyes on me.

But you see, I am my own worst enemy when it comes to losing weight. I am so motivated during the day, but late afternoon and night time are my times of weakness. I begged my husband to go get ice cream for me last night, but he said just to chew gum instead. Grrrrr...who is he to keep me from my luxuries??!! I am just kidding...it actually worked. So, I chewed my gum and drank water, and I can't say the craving was totally gone, but at least a little bit.

So, I have decided that I must join a gym, even if it is 10 miles away, until one closer opens up. It is important to feel good about myself and to stay healthy so that I am around for a long time for my children. Maybe...just maybe...I can make that goal that I set when I turned 25, which was that I would be able to run a half marathon by the time I turned 30. I turn 30 in May...so maybe...just maybe...

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Of course you can! You are the most motivated gal around! It's just hard to be a mom- home all day long around food- and stay away from it. Especially when you are having a frustrating day! At least that's my excuse! Good luck girl!

Nicole H said...

You look so good really you do. I know we can all be our own worst critics. I feel awful about my body. But I just have to keep reminding myself that it will get better. I wish you were still members at Seville. I really want to work out I just need someone to help me get started again. I was doing so good before I got pregnant. Lets walk when it gets cooler!! I love to roller blade too!!! Maybe while the boys are at school we can get a routine set up. Do you have a jogger?

Reza said...

Solution: There's a lot of gym here in Atlanta. You & the family just got to move.(LOL) I think every women in this world feel the way you do.(cause if they don't, I don't think they're normal) Keep up the good works with pilates. Me can't even do that.