Friday, July 27, 2007

Make New Friends But Keep the Old...


It is truly amazing to me the way that people flow in and out of my life. I don't want that to come out the wrong way, but I have had to say goodbye to some pretty amazing people lately, and it has been really hard for me. I am not good about openly showing my true emotions, such as sadness...but a few months ago, I had to say goodbye to one of my dearest friends, Stephanie. She was my neighbor, and such a great conversationalist, and walking partner! We had so much in common and she always inspired my creativity and encouraged to be the best mother I know how. But, sadly, they moved to New York and I miss her like crazy.

Another good friend of mine is moving this week too...all the way across the country. I was thinking a couple of weeks ago about how I feel like two people very close to me are moving away and how lonely I might feel at times when I couldn't call on them like I use to. However, about a month or two ago, God also brought somebody back into my life that I had met a couple years back and lost contact with. Nichole is this amazingly fun and honest person that I love hanging out with and chatting with. I feel like I can be real with her...and tell her how I lose my temper with my children and how I get frustrated with being a stay at home mom, and she gets it.

About 8 months ago I met a friend named Alisen...and her and I just hit it off right away...she is now one of my closest friends, as our husbands are also really close. It is truly amazing to me the way that God has consistantly provided me with amazing girl friends...and when I think I might be losing one, he has blessed me with more. No friend can ever replace an old friend, and those friendships continue to grow through distance and time. But, I thank God for all of my wonderful girlfriends...

I especially thank God for my wonderful mother and sisters. They truly are the guiding light in my life. They help me when I am down, and give me advice from parenting to fashion. Kelly is so much fun to be around and always looks for the good in people, and Rachel loves to have a deep intellectual conversation. Mom is always up for conversation whether it has to do with make-up or medicine. These ladies make my days brighter and better. I love you all!

Do I dare try to list them all...as I am afraid I might miss one...but this is my tribute to my friends! I love you all so much and wouldn't be who I am without you!!!

To Stephanie in NY...I miss you so badly...to Nichole, I am so excited to see where this friendship goes...to Alisen...you are such a great sounding board in every walk of life...to Kelly, my dear sister...no one compares...to Rach...my other sister...I love it when we talk openly and candidly...to my mother...you truly are my BEST FRIEND...to Vicki and Theresa...I love the way we laugh so hard when we are together...to Lori, Carrie, and Erin...thank you for so many fun playdates...to Kim and Shannon, my oldest and dearest friends, no friendship could compare to the one that lasts the test of time...to Katie, Erin, Anna, and Jenna...my memories of fun college life stays alive and keeps me close to you all the time...Reza, I think you are amazing and hope one day to call you my sister-in-law, and finally, but not last, Tammie thanks for all the MOPS memories!!

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

So sweet you are! I'm still waiting for a new friend to come along that I adore as much as you! Hopefully one of these days. But I do agree with you. God always brings people into our lives to help us in so many ways. Those walks did a lot of good for me. I love reading your blog! Miss you.

Nicole H said...

I too am so excited to see where our friendship goes. I'm so glad that we found each other again and have this chance to make a great friendship. I have so much fun with you.

Anna said...

Jess! I love the blog! What a perfect thing for you... you always have so much to say! Thanks for the shout out... I think we have a great friendship that has pushed past the college years and into the adult years...how many people can say that? We've been friends for 10 years... isn't that amazing? Thanks for ALWAYS being there- I'll stay tuned for your next post!