Monday, July 23, 2007

But you've gotta have faith, faith, faith...

Do you remember that song? I don't think he was necessarily talking about what I am...but I will use it for God's purpose! That is how I feel right now...hence the title of my blog site, "Yi Family Lives by Faith." I picked that as our title because we are getting ready to go into some very faith building experiences.

On January 1st, 2007, my husband and I sat down and decided to talk about the year 2007 and what it had in store for us. You see, since we have been married, each year has brought about at least ONE major life change, if not TWO. So, we have a hard time sitting idle. We were excited though as we looked to 2007 and saw no new house, no baby on the way, no big move...etc. etc. Those of you that know me, know what I mean. However, as the summer of 2007 approached, we were looking to God for guidance on whether or not to take our family to the other side of the world for DS's job-China. We felt God close that door, and right when he did, he opened another door for us. In this housing market, we swore we weren't going to try and sell our house for awhile, but we ran into a great opportunity at another house. So....we signed the contract. This means, we need to sell our house. In this market though, it is so competitive, so we are trying to do everything possible to make our house appeal to a buyer. We have 7-9 months to sell, because that is when the new one will be ready. This is a huge leap of faith for us. We are trusting God to take care of us through this time and bring the right buyer to us.

Along with deciding to buy a new house, I have really wanted to go back to work this year. However, I didn't want to put my kids in full time childcare, especially Abby. So, I got this great idea that I could teach preschool and that way, Caleb could be there with me and Abby would only have to be in childcare in the mornings. It seemed like the perfect compromise. I sent out my resume to many places, and narrowed it down to two places I really wanted. After first interviews, and working interviews (at both places), I was told I didn't have the job. I was so disappointed! I am still so disappointed...and I have to admit, it is a huge blow to my ego. This is something else that I have to believe God closed the door on. So, now I am going to look into substitute teaching on the days that my husband is home. But, for all I know, that door may close too. I do know, that at this point, I want to start teaching next fall for sure. Who knows though, that may change by then!

Along with a job change, we are also trying to decide if we should change churches. We absolutely LOVE our home church, but we have been presented with the possibility of helping start a new church plant. This is way out of our comfort zone, and we both want to stay in the comfort of our home church, but realize that we have been fed there for quite some time, and maybe it is time to use the gifts God has blessed us with to help this new church. This will be a huge leap of faith for the Yi's as well!

So...now you see why the title is "Yi Family Lives by Faith". We have no other choice...there is too much on our plate to do it all on our own! I know by God's Grace and Peace that passes ALL understanding...we will get through every leap of faith; and in the end, we will be stronger because of it.

Don't be afraid to stand out on that limb and trust God to take care of you! He can test your faith in ways that you won't understand at the time (like me not getting the positions I wanted), but he has a plan for you.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

4 comments:

Evelyn said...

I love that scripture. Thank you for your story... very inspiring and such an example to me! I need to live more by faith and let go of some of the control that I always try to hold on to. I'm sure all of your hopes and dreams will come to pass this year!

Reza said...

Living by FAITH is definetely hard but I'm trying so hard. Alot of times you can't tell that coming from a Christian home(MK). I will definetely give it my all. Awsome scripture...

Nicole H said...

Wow, great job girl. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm so glad we ran into eachother again. I look forward to hanging out with such an amazing person.

Reza said...

Thanks for putting my website in your blog.(is that what you call it?)