Monday, July 30, 2007

For Such a Time As This...

Have you ever read the story of Esther? Esther is this young "average" girl who ends up as queen, even though she was of no royal heritage. She didn't even want to become queen, and keeps questioning why she has this role. God strategically placed her in this situation so that she could appeal to her husband (the king) to save her people. God put her in the right place at the right time so he could use her for His purpose and His plan.

I am definitely not a queen, and have no plans in the making for that! BUT, my husband and I have questioned several times over why we keep buying houses within the same community and haven't branched out. This new church that we are trying to decide if we are going to help start, is somewhat centered in our community. Is it that God has placed us here for such a time as this?

We are so excited about helping this church, but I specifically, am SO reluctant to leave our home church. I have been fed and grown more spiritually there in the last 5 years than I had my entire previous church experiences put together. To leave Central means to walk away from such a pivotal place in my spiritual growth. Yesterday though, during Communion, I had a conversation with God...and it went something like this:
"God, I don't want to leave Central, I love it here."
"It isn't about you though, it is about me."
"But, I love the sermons, and I learn about you every week, I feel watered here and can grow here, what if I can't at the new place?"
"It isn't abouy you though, it is about me."

I felt God whispering in my ear like I never have before, and I now know, it is time and this is what we are suppose to do. I am excited and scared, nervous and anxious, and yet, I have the Peace that Passes all Understanding...His Peace.

Check it out: http://reallife.cc

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

What a brave person you are. I find that it's easy to ask God for direction... not always as easy to follow the guidance He gives our hearts. I'll check out the website, but I'm sure if you are involved, it will be a wonderful thing. Good luck!