Saturday, July 21, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABIGAIL!



Today we celebrated Abby's first birthday. We didn't do a lot, but we had friends over at my parent's house so that we could all swim. I made bright pink cupcakes and made Abigail a little crown that she refused to wear. She got a bunch of beautiful clothes and toys. Caleb had fun "helping" Abby open her presents.

When Caleb turned one, I remember it was so emotional for me. I was so sad that my baby was no longer a baby; I understood that I could never get that first year back. Today, I am not sad about Abby turning one, but excited. I am so excited to see her develop over the next year...the talking, walking, and learning that will take place. What I do dread is the horrible temper tantrums that one year olds throw and the snotty noses. I think one year olds are one big germ fest...and I know that she will be too...they must all face their fate. It won't keep me from giving her kisses and loving on her.

She is such a sweet girl with a spunky personality. She giggles...a lot...more then Caleb did. She is truly a mommy's girl through and through. I know that she loves her daddy, and every once in awhile she chooses him over me, but mostly it is me. I know that the main reason is that I have the "goods". Speaking of which, there is a huge part of me that wants to go ahead and wean her now that she is a year, but a big part of me wants to keep nursing her. It is such a bonding time for the two of us, and I know I will never regret keeping with it, but I may regret weaning her. Everyone tells me it is time...but I guess time will only tell! They are only a baby once!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Yeah Jessica! I'm so happy. I will be a regular visitor. Abby looks adorable and so does that gorgeous bunch of pink cupcakes. You are so creative. Love your analogy on sin. Very true. So glad you decided to do it!