Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh the things they say...

Over the last 6 months to a year, our son has been filled with questions about Christ, God, heaven, the cross, etc. etc. He hears these stories and words coming out of our mouths, and is trying to piece it all together. We have talked a lot about how if you believe in Jesus, you will go to heaven. I am really trying to teach him that it is about FAITH and not ACTIONS that save us...with that being said...here is a little conversation that took place last night.

Caleb: "So, if you die, daddy dies, I die, and Abby dies, we will all go to heaven?"
Mommy: "Yes, we will, because we believe in Jesus"
Caleb: "Will we come back to this house ever again?"
Mommy: "No...we won't, but that is okay because we will be heaven. God tells us that heaven is the most wonderful place ever."
Caleb: "But, what about my tools? I can't leave my tools...I will be sad without my tools in heaven."
Mommy: "No, I don't think you will...we will be with God, and the Bible tells us nothing is better than that."
Caleb: "OHHHH...God is a toy."

Oh, the minds of little ones...to him a toy is the best possible thing...and so to him, I will allow his little mind to think of God as the BEST POSSIBLE TOY ever, because that is on his level. I wanted to write this down because one day, my precious little boy will be older and not say these kinds of things...and I want to remember his "child like innocence".

"Then the little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven blongs to such as these." Matthew 19:13-14

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

so sweet! Soooo fun to talk with you- even if only for 10 minutes- haha!