Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It's so over...


What is so over? That would be our house buying experience. We have felt for over a month now that we should back out of our contract to buy the new house. It all started with a sermon about contentment in this self-consumed world we live in. We both found ourselves asking why we weren't content to just stay in the house that we are in right now. Here is the deal...I don't love the house I am in. I know that sounds bad, but it has taken a long time for me to be okay in this floorplan. It is not a very livable floorplan. I have done a lot of furniture rearranging and decorating to try and make it work. I could list off at least 10 things about my current house that I don't like. BUT, with all that being said...I could probably list off more things that I DO like! So, contentment is a big reason why we have decided not to move. The other major factor in this decision, is the fact that the market is horrible! We will have to lower the price of our current house so much in order to sell it, that we won't be able to afford the new house. We went and talked to the sales guy, and he told us to name our price...but that still means we have to sell the one that we are in. The hardest part about this for me, is that I LOVE that new house. I got to pretty much pick everything I wanted! Much more so than any other house than we have bought. It is pretty much my dream house...3150 square feet, 4 rooms upstairs, plus a loft, 4 bathrooms, a HUGE laundry room...gorgeous windows...but...the house we are in is fine. It just isn't the right timing. Of course, we are losing money by backing out, but I have to let that go. I decided to take a picture of the house, so that I have it in my memory. A dream that didn't come to fruition...I am sad...I must be honest. BUT, I know I am blessed...blessed so far beyond so many people. Dae-Sung works hard to give us what we have, and I am so blessed to have a husband that takes care of us the way that he does.

Thank You Lord for the beautiful house we live in now, and I ask that you will bless whatever family lives in that new house. Amen.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Wow- what a wonderful perspective you have. I can't imagine how hard that would be! But, of course- you are right. Your home right now is wonderful- not that it makes it any easier. Thanks for your good example. The kids look amazing in their Halloween costumes! Love little Abby's costume. SCARY post about Caleb. Glad he's safe. Goodness!