Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The butterflies!

We had this great idea of taking DS's parents and the kids to go see the Monarch butterflies at the Botanical Gardens. Last time we went, there were butterflies everywhere! The whole way there, my mind floated to the awesome pics I was going to be able to take. Now, we all know that I am no professional...nor do I claim to be. But, the last time we went, butterflies were literally landing on my kids...and I couldn't wait to capture that moment again. We walked into the butterfly pavillion, and I take 1, 2, 3 pictures...and then someone shook the tree and up flew 30...maybe 40 or 50 butterflies. I grab my camera...but something is not working. I start to panic as I realize that I missed the "moment" of all the butterflies right above me. Then, it dawns on me...I look at the battery, and it is gone. I have no battery left. :( This is one of the first times I have had my new camera in such an awesome picturesque (is that a word?) place. The kids loved it...and DS's parents loved it too...so it was worth it. Maybe I will make it back before the exibit is gone to take more pics...better pics!




No comments: