Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The BIG BASH!


On Saturday we had our long awaited big "30th" birthday bash, as both DS and I turn 30 within a couple of weeks of each other. We planned and planned, and then on top of the stomach flu last week, I had to pull it all together for an eventful night on Saturday. This is by far the biggest and most expensive party I have ever thrown (other than my wedding). I learned some really important lessons when doing this, but number one lesson by far was that my closest friends and family are what matters the most. I had 12, yes 12 people say they were coming who then never showed. Considering that this party cost us about $15-20 a head, it cost us a serious amount of money for the no-shows. This was hard for me to swallow...and at first I was upset. My sister spent two days fixing the food and pushing her family aside for mine...of which I am ever grateful. But, here is the thing...we did have 18 people come...whom of which are our closest friends and family. So, even though I was annoyed at those that said they were coming and didn't, and those that didn't even bother to respond, truthfully, we had the most amazing time with those that did come. My closest friends wouldn't have missed it for the world, because they knew just how important it was to us. They showed up excited to be a part of our exciting night, and that support meant more to me than they will ever know!

Alisen, myself, and Kim...two of my very closest girlfriends


To my friends and family that came....thanks for coming and honestly, I couldn't imagine ringing in my new decade of life with anyone else!!

The Chocolate Fountain was the BEST hit!


My two sisters and I...


DS singing Kareoke...he could do this all night long!


My oldest sister, Rachel, and I...


Isn't she beautiful? My middle sis, Kelly, who did all the food and rocked! Thank you will never truly express my gratitude!

3 comments:

KAT said...

ok, that picture needs to go! J/K, I loved your party.... I have told everyone for the last 4 or 5 years that you and Rach are truly my BFF!! I loved your party! I love you...more than you will ever know...

Nicole H. said...

Jess thank you for allowing us to be part of such an amazing celebration. We had a good time. Even though we left a little earlier than most. BTW, what time did you go till? You have great friends and amazing sisters. I've always wished I had a sister and watching you with yours confirmed it. You are truly blessed. Again, Happy Birthday even though it's not for a week or so ;) Hope you are feeling better. Oh, and I think the mix was perfect.

Angie said...

Looks like a lot of fun and you guys look awesome! Happy 30 to you both!