Friday, June 5, 2009

I did not fall of the face of the earth...

Okay, so blogging hasn't been my strong point this last year. I must admit between grading papers, planning, raising a family, cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc. etc. blogging became low on the priority list! But, since my ultimate goal is to one day print my blog and have it as more of a "memory documentation" for my kids...I decided I better play catch up!

These last 6 months have been packed with action, new additions, and excitement! I picked some pics that highlight some major events these last 6 months...

Below is our newest addition to the Yi family. Her name is Daisy and she is a malti-poo. No, she isn't big, mean, or scary...just the way I like my dogs. She also doesn't shed, can be bathed in 10 minutes, and can be exercised in the backyard...also the way I like it! :)



We also, and more importantly, welcomed a new little girl to the Terlau family (not to be confused with the Yi family). Kelly had a beautiful baby girl, Chloe Ann Lake, on May 18th. She is a beautiful little baby and I can't wait to see how she fits in with the 5 other crazy kids in our family!


This is a picture of us four girls (mom and sisters) at Kelly's baby shower.



Abby wanted to be a part of the girls and come to Kelly's baby shower. I thought it was so fitting as all the girls were together that day. She was so well behaved and so much fun to share this event with. It made me look forward to all the future "girl" events we get to go to together! Plus, she wore a dress!!!



We spent a good part of the last 6 months doing "football". We signed Caleb up thinking it would be good for him to learn to be a part of a team. We had practice twice a week, and games on the weekend. It ended up taking up a good part of our time! It was rocky in the beginning, but diligence pays off! In the end, Caleb loved playing and was doing a great job pulling those flags! Many days during practice, Abby and I would walk to the nearby park and play, feed the ducks, or smell the flowers. I definitely can't complain about that!





The school year ended two weeks ago, and already, we have been busy with swim lessons and summer movies! DS is off for two months this summer...and then next year we dive into Kindergarten for Caleb, preschool for Abby, Mom working FULL-TIME, and dad going back to work! I am definitely looking forward to a summer of fun!

No comments: