Friday, January 18, 2008

Green Shoes

Abby has always been obsessed with shoes...from the time she was very little. There is one particular pair that we catch her wearing daily...Caleb's green crocks. After she lost them the other day, we decided it was time to get her her very own crocks, so that she would leave his alone. We ventured to the mall, where I tried my hardest to get her to try on pink or purple crocks. Well, needless to say, she screamed and pulled her foot back at every try. Then, I held up a small green pair, just like brother's, except smaller...and her face lit up. She got so excited and held out her little feet just waiting for her new glass slippers (okay, bright green crocks). Most people would ask what the big deal is…and it really isn’t a big deal. It is just that she has no hair…so she is called a “boy” almost daily by somebody. Bright green crocks are not going to help the matter…so I picked two little flowers to put on them and called them her “pretties” (which is what we call hair things—my hair things since she has no hair, and therefore no pretties).

The first thing she did this morning, was put her shoes on…over her footie jammies. I then picked out a green sweater and sparkly jeans to wear with her bright green crocks. At least I know she has one outfit that matches her new shoes (which I know she will be wearing every day for a long time).

2 comments:

Nicole H said...

Oh my goodness they are cute I have to say. I think she looks very much like a girl. She is so pretty. Honestly don't worry too much. Crocks are cool no matter what color. And I so LOVE the flowers on them. Good idea mom!

Evelyn said...

SUCH a cute story Jess! I love it. Yes... Evy looked like a little boy for about the first two years of her life. It was so sad. Those shoes are to die for- and that is such a darling little memory she'll have now that you've blogged it!